THE DEEP AS FILM LOCATION
The Deep is the world’s only submarium (a unique blend of aquaria and interactives telling the story of the world’s oceans). The iconic architecture designed by Sir Terry Farrell combined with a spectacular waterfront setting and dramatic interiors with an outstanding collection of marine life including 15 species of shark, have helped put Hull on the map. Highlights include the underwater acrylic lift which rises up through the 10 metre deep endless oceans tank, and the futuristic underwater ocean research centre - Deep Blue 1.
The Deep has already proved to be a popular location for television and film. Our staff are ‘film crew friendly’ and much filming has taken place here as a result of word of mouth recommendation within the industry. We’ve appeared on news programmes on every terrestrial channel as well as:
- BBC2's Would Like To Meet (Talkback) - The Deep proved to be the perfect location for presenter Tracey Cox to teach her flirting techniques.
- National Lottery Commercial (Toast) - Deep staff starred along with our sharks in this much talked about TV ad.
- CBBC Smart - The Deep’s spectacular endless oceans tank provided inspiration for presenter Susan Ribero who created a shimmering shoal of golden trevally on tin foil.
- CBBC Tikkabilla - The Deep was shown featured through the round window in a programme that has been repeated many times this year.
- YTV documentary series 1 & 2 ‘Into The Deep’ and ‘Deep into Shark Alley’, which explore the consruction and development of The Deep and subsequent great white shark research trip to South Africa.
- BBC2's Working Lunch - has made two features at The Deep demonstrating its vital role in regenerating Hull.
The Deep works closely with Screen Yorkshire. A virtual fly through is available and has proved invaluable to researchers. For further information on TV and film opportunities at The Deep please contact Linda Martin, The Deep PR Manager 01482 381090 or e-mail [email protected]
The Deep is located just a few minutes walk from the city centre with its marina, museums and historic old town. To find out more about city film locations please contact CityImage on 01482 320021.